Password must meet complexity requirements:
It’s password policy to enforce users to create strong password , this policy can be applied on standalone server or domain controller.
This security settings are required to make users password unpredictable or make sure, password should be stolen. this settings effective in order to create strong passwords.
Password must meet complexity need meet fallowing requirements:
- Must not contain the user’s account name or parts of the user’s full name that exceed two consecutive characters
- Must be at least six characters in length (or the length specified in Minimum Password Length if that setting is higher than 6)
- Must contain characters from three of the following four categories:
- Uppercase characters (A through Z)
- Lowercase characters (a through z)
- Base 10 digits (0 through 9)
- Special symbols or non-alphabetic characters (for example: !, $, #, %, etc.)
- Complexity requirements are enforced when passwords are changed or created.
Default status : domain controller, by default its enabled.
stand-alone server or desktop, by default is disabled.
applying password policy from domain controller using centralized group policy, which will effect all associated client desktops over LAN / WAN / VPN. this will
make easy to manage from single point of administration for administrators.